This is what I've been doing weeks or maybe months. We moved here over 10 years ago (a derelict farm) and this room never got finished. Instead it just became a junk room. Late last year, I told hubby I was sick of seeing all the junk in the room and wanted it transformed into a useable place. It has taken several weeks to get it to the stage of the first photo, and now it has been plastered. I have spent the last week cleaning plaster from the floor and the beams. Just a few more beams to go, thank goodness, befoe I can stain them and paint the ceiling. Then to start on the floor. Should we have wood or stone. Decisions, decisions.